I attended the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County fundraising event tonight at the invite of my new pal, Scot Weicker of SBW Events Group. He was the mastermind behind the Shelter for the Homeless chocolate tasting event back in February that put me into a sugar coma. Not that I had a problem with that at all. Chocolate is my weakness. In fact, I've decided good food is my weakness. So why on earth would I turn down an offer to sample the fabulous specialties of over 100 area restaurants? And shouldn't those in need be deserving of a hot meal too? Why not support such an invaluable resource in our community? The Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County provides nutritious food to non-profit organizations that feed the hungry in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton. (I like that they qualify their mission by saying they provide *nutritious* food. That's imperative.)
Fjord Fisheries had a brilliant display of every grilled vegetable imaginable: asparagus, eggplant, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli and delightful kalamata olives. I probably should have just camped out at this table for the evening, for the sake of my diet...
But how could I when Bobby Qs Barbeque & Grill was at the next table. Nice rack, baby!
The Kona Grill offered up a delicious tuna tartare with wasabi sauce. I love the tag line: East Meets West. They Party.
Jean-Louis served my main course of kobe beef cheeks slow-cooked in burned red wine on a bed of scallion mashed potatoes. MMMMmmmm.
These were evil. Breadsticks wrapped in bacon with a brown sugar glaze by Libby Cooke Catering. Um, yeah. The diet was toast tonight!
Cheese ravioli in a cream sauce from Tuscan Oven.
I'm such an overgrown kid. I must...eat...sprinkles. But the guy asked for my ID. They were chocolate rum balls, provided by Stamford Hilton Catering.
More Tuna Tartare, equally as good as the Kona Grill's, from DaPietro's Restaurant.
DiMare Pastry Shop created this irresistible cake masterpiece. Amazing.
And Sweet Lisa's Exquisite Cakes produced this amazing cake...
...and this stylish cake too!
Help feed the hungry, and it feeds your soul. I'm stuffed!
No comments:
Post a Comment