
Me. Chocolate. All kinds of chocolate. Possibly every kind of chocolate you can think of, from about 50 different chocolatiers. All in the same room. And all of it to raise money for an extremely good cause. I'm in heaven.
Tonight was the Chocolate and Wine Lover's Evening at the Hilton in Stamford. It was a fabulously fun evening to raise money for the men's Shelter for the Homeless. I've worked with the Shelter off and on and in various capacities for about 15 years now. I served meals to the clients in the 1990's, worked a summer helping out the new Executive Director in the early 2000's, and often have volunteered to help at their annual Spring Gala events in recent years. I know what a fantastic job they do for the community. I've seen them in action. The best part of their work is that they don't only offer a hot meal and a warm place for these guys to sleep. They go above and beyond to help these men get back on their feet. The stories are very inspiring.
Of course, the primary reason for attending such an event tonight was to help raise money for the Shelter.
Yeah. That was it.
It had absolutely nothing to do with fudge samples.
Or candy samples from Sweet Rexies. (If you haven't been to their new location on the Post Road in Fairfield, I highly recommend it. It's worth the trip!)
This event had something for everyone. Gluten-free cupcakes from Izzy B's!
There were plenty of beautiful jewelry vendors as well for those on a diet...
But this...
This is the place to get chocolate for your sweetheart: Chocopologie in South Norwalk. I bought some Strawberry Champagne Truffles tonight which we will be giving all of our guests for Valentine's celebrations this weekend at Aetheria Spa....
But only if I can control myself...
2 comments:
Save the truffles! Get the man to take you to the Melting Pot!!
This summed up the essence of last evening's event. A good time was had by all. I always have a weakness for the cookies at DiMare's, and another vendor offered divine samples of salted caramels.
Thank you for your continued support of the Shelter!
Post a Comment