Resistance is futile


The best thing about Valentine's Day -- aside from having an excuse to remind my hubby how much he adores me, and I him -- is the CHOCOLATE. On my recent trip South to visit my family, my mother introduced me to this unique little bar of goodness. I know you're curling your lip right now, but don't knock it till you try it. It was really good! It's the perfect combination of salty and sweet. The bacon bits feel like pieces of nuts in your mouth.

Yeah, I know it's like eating deep fried butter on a stick. Give the girl some slack. It's CHOCOLATE season!

(Side note: Can I really tag this post under "Healthy Bite," our healthy eating guide? Forgive me. I know not what I do. Just please don't tell our nutritionist, Alison, that I was here.)

2 comments:

Joan S said...

Doesn't do any good to have a healthy body if the soul isn't uplifted, too. You got it in the South, tag it "soul" food!!

Lisa Corrado said...

I'll back you up: I bought this company's Collezione Italiana, complete with Taleggio cheese truffles. Salty & sweet always go together. All-natural sweets like these are good treats - as long as we don't make a meal of them!