Everyone always asks me that. The answer is: they’re all excellent.
That may sound like a canned (marketing) response, but I
assure you it isn’t. The problem is with the question, not the answer. I can’t
answer that question effectively without a client telling me more about what
their expectations are.
- What kind of pressure do you like?
- Do you have any health concerns? (For instance, are you pregnant?)
- Do you have an injury or pain issue that you want addressed?
- Have you had a massage before?
- What did you like or dislike about your previous experience(s)?
- What is your motivation for getting a massage?
Your responses tell me which of my therapists’ skills would
be best suited to your needs. Guess what? We’re not your average spa. This isn’t
a factory like some other places that you may have been to. We genuinely want
you to have a good experience here. And we genuinely want you to be happy with
the quality of treatment you receive. In order for us to do the best possible
job we can, we need more information about who YOU are, and what you need from
a therapist.
I know a lot of people would be overwhelmed by all of these
questions, so I don’t ask unless I sense it’s necessary to clarify what you’re
looking to achieve. For the most part, people’s desires are fairly
straightforward: “I’d like deep pressure and a female therapist.” No problem! All of our message therapists are fully trained and licensed by the state of Connecticut. If those are your only requirements, we can certainly accommodate your request.
But if you have specific needs or expectations that require additional expertise, please take a moment to
communicate with me when you call to make an appointment. We want you to
thoroughly enjoy the time that you spend with us.
No comments:
Post a Comment