Yesterday it was August, and today it is almost Christmas. How did this happen? Time seems to go by faster and faster until we get to the dead of winter. And then it stands still. Will the snow ever melt? Will the sun ever shine again? Will we ever put away our snow boots? But that all lies ahead of us.
Now, it is time to turn our attention to the Age of Aquarius. Like many of my age, I thought that time had come and gone. After all, what was that ragtag cast that included Diane Keaton and Melba Moore singing about in that long ago scandalous musical called HAIR? But as it turns out, it is Friday, 11/11/11 that marks the passing from the Piscean Age into the Age of Aquarius. And so I am once again hopeful. According to Yogi Bhajan: “It will be a new time. The entire psyche is changing. You must purify the mind, body and soul to be real, innocent, and sattvic (pure). Elevate yourself to be angelic. This age in which you will serve is an age of awareness and experience.” Now, I don’t know who Yogi Bhajan is, but I’m ready for change. Maybe I’m turning into a curmudgeon like the recently deceased Andy Rooney, but while I see plenty of change these days, there’s a quite a bit I’m not that crazy about.
And speaking of Andy Rooney, can you imagine what it would be like to be paid a lot of money to do nothing more than tell the world what you don’t like? I could excel at that job given a chance. Take for example, the iPhone 4s. I don’t need a phone to tell me what a weasel looks like. In fact, I don’t even think anyone needs a phone to do that. Why even get out of bed in the morning? Why not stay there and just talk to your phone all day? Ah well, as I said before, being Andy Rooney would have been my dream job. 52 weeks in a year; 52 weeks to tell the world what you think.
But I try to keep it on the lighter side of things. No politics, no world events, no economic insight. So…..back to November and Thanksgiving. One of America’s favorite holidays – I guess that’s still true, though I can’t ask my phone to confirm or deny. But I can go online and Google Brussels sprout recipes, buy my organic turkey locally and look forward to the company of my 10 year old nephew who will undoubtedly explain to me why, indeed, I need an iPhone 4s.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicki Wray lives in North Stamford, and until recently spent most of her waking hours in New York City as a corporate communications executive. Working for companies like Pfizer, Revlon and AOL Time Warner has allowed her to meet wonderful colleagues and a slew of interesting personalities including the president of the United States, supermodels and star athletes, famous artists and a Justice of the Supreme Court. She is a natural observer, type A personality, and a life-long "spa junkie". Vicki firmly believes in the health benefits of being kind to oneself; taking a moment to breath, relax and finding simple joy in our every day existence.
Her column, Kind (self) Regards, will be a regular feature of the Aetheria Spa blog. If you enjoy her point of view, or would like to share your ideas, please contact her at vicki@aetheriaspa.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment