Sunday is Slow Food Day

Like many others I know, I vowed to devote more energy toward my relationships this year, as part of my unspoken "to-do" list for 2010. Running a business pretty much consumes my days, leaving very little time to spend devoted to my relationship.

Sundays are generally my only day off to simply be and do whatever I want. And I usually want to spend it with my wonderful husband. If we're not scheduled to have dinner with his family, we turn our own dinner into an adventure and cook together. It's a great way to bond, laugh, and love. We both love food. Every aspect of food. Planning it. Shopping for it. Prepping it. Cooking it. Eating it. It's the one activity that really relaxes me. I look forward to my time with him, making something delicious together and celebrating the results.

This past Sunday I declared "Sunday is Slow Food Day."

He looked at me like I had three heads. "What is slow food?"

Many countries around the world have a positive food culture. The French. The Italians. You get the idea...but consider the American Food Culture. Do you think it's a positive one? I don't.

So I'm starting the movement within my own household. If not for our own gastrointestinal health, but for the health of our relationship.

No comments: